We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Secondary Teaching Assistant to join our team at a secondary school located in st Leonard. The successful candidate will work closely with teaching staff to support students' learning, social, and emotional needs. You will work with small groups of students, individuals and support in classroom settings to promote the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- Support teaching staff in planning and delivering engaging lessons that meet the needs of all students.
- Work with small groups and individual students to provide additional support and intervention in areas of need.
- Help to maintain a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Assist in the assessment and tracking of students' progress.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of extracurricular activities and events.
- Experience working as a teaching assistant, preferably in a secondary school setting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and staff.
- A genuine interest in supporting the academic and personal development of young people.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A relevant qualification or willingness to work towards one.
Please note to apply for this role it is essential you are based in the UK.
If you are passionate about education and helping young people to achieve their full potential, please click apply now
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.