Job Title: Secondary School Teaching Assistant
Location: St Albans
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £77.00 to £90.00 per day
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in a welcoming secondary school dedicated to providing a supportive and enriching educational experience for our diverse student community. We pride ourselves on fostering a positive and inclusive environment where every student can thrive. Join our team of passionate educators who are committed to making a difference in the lives of young learners.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Teaching Assistant to work alongside our teaching staff, supporting the learning and development of students between Year 7 to Year 11. This role involves collaborating with teachers to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment and providing individualised assistance to students.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of lessons under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Support students in understanding and completing assignments, ensuring their engagement in the learning process.
- Provide one-on-one or small group assistance to students who require additional support.
- Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes student well-being and learning.
- Collaborate with teachers and other staff members to address the diverse needs of students.
- Contribute to the overall positive school environment by participating in school activities and events.
- Previous experience working with students in an educational setting is desirable.
- A passion for supporting the learning and development of young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with teaching staff and other support professionals.
- Commitment to creating a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students.
The safety and well-being of our students are paramount. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and other pre-employment checks.
How to Apply:
If you are dedicated to supporting the education and well-being of students and possess the qualities we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV detailing your relevant experience and explaining why you are well-suited for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol Education is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of our students.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.