Cover Supervisors urgently required for a number of mainstream secondary schools in the London borough of Wandsworth.
Full and Part time educators wanted.
Are you looking for flexible work? Both full or part time positions are availbale to work in a number of excellent sexcondary schools based in Wandsworth, Putney, Clapham.
The main role of a Cover Supervisor is to manage the classroom in the Teacher’s absence. The class Teacher will provide all the materials and tools needed for the lesson ready for the Cover Supervisor to deliver.
Although not actively teaching, it is important for a Cover Supervisor to have the skills and confidence needed to keep the class motivated and focused so they can work on the activities set and prepared for them. The role requires you to support pupils as they work through the lesson and to understand how to help them to complete tasks, where needed.
This role is often used as the first step towards teaching for many and it gives you a good insight into what teaching will be like and is often used by new graduates as the start of their career in education.
Duties for a Cover Supervisor include:
- Supervising pupils, ensuring they are engaged in the classwork.
- Encouraging pupils to interact.
- Helping pupils to become more independent in their learning.
- Establishing trust with pupils, interacting with them according to individual needs.
- Assisting pupils with tasks as needed.
- Creating a safe, positive, supportive classroom environment.
- Promoting good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policies, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Collecting completed work and returning it to the teacher.
- Assisting with the supervision of pupils before and after school and at break times.
- Providing feedback to teachers on pupil’s achievement, progress, and if any problems.
- Upholding policies and procedures related to child protection, health and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
2 professional references and work experience gaps listed
Proof of address-
Protocol Education can offer:
Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
CPD during half term or summer, plus free webinars
£250 BONUS refer a Teacher/Teaching Assistant each referral
NQT/ECT Support network
Candidate social events
CV writing assistance and marketing tools
We also have other opportunities for training teachers and cover supervisors within all other subjects, please contact us for more information.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please apply and we will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.