An school in Chesterfield is seeking a Science Teacher, who can inspire students, to join a highly successful and thriving science department.
The successful candidate will be committed to outstanding teaching and learning. This is a contract position, to start asap through to the summer but there may be the opportunity to continue beyond this and become permanent.
The school is a Chesterfield based, medium sized Academy that provides education for children from years 7 to 11 (ages 11 – 16). The school provides a welcoming and supportive place to both work and learn, with the staff firmly committed to provide the very best education for every child. The English team is highly collaborative, sharing good practice and resourcing to provide the best learning experience for our students. They place students at the centre of everything they do, with a focus on creating a supportive culture of success and a positive climate for learning.
As a Science Teacher at the school, you will:
• Plan and deliver high-quality science lessons.
• Assess and provide feedback to students.
• Collaborate with other science department members in engaging in departmental activities.
• Utilise a range of teaching and learning styles to engage and challenge students.
• Maintain and develop high standards of classroom management and behaviour.
In order to qualify for the position, you will:
• Hold a relevant degree qualification and Qualified Teacher Status.
• Have experience teaching science (biology, chemistry or physics).
• Be able to inspire and motivate students.
• Have a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
If you are interested in this Science Teacher opportunity or others like it interviews & lesson observations can be arranged immediately (subject to clearing). Apply for this Science Teacher opportunity by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or registering through our website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.