Job Title: Science Teacher
Contract type: Full-time
Working Hours: 8:30am-4.00pm
Salary: £750-£1000 a week
Start Date: January 2024
Protocol Education is pleased to work with a renowned secondary school in Lewisham that is looking for a passionate Science teacher to join their team.
Role Overview: As a science teacher, you will be supporting and promoting the learning and personal development of the students for whom you work, allowing them to thrive in their educational path. This is a full-time position with working hours from 8:30am-4.00pm, Monday to Friday. The start date will be January 2024 and your salary will be between £750-1000 a week.
-Competitive wage (£750-£1000 per week)
-A supportive and welcoming school community
-Opportunities for career development
-Convenient commuting options due to great transport links
- ‘Good’ Ofsted rating, reflecting the dedication to quality education
About the school: Located in Lewisham, this secondary school is known for its good standing with the community. It also offers good access for commuters and transportation links.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and excitement for science and working with students is highly valuable. Your love for science and the desire to help students learn and grow in the subject is imperative.
- Effective communication skills are crucial for working with students, teachers, and other staff members.
- A bachelor’s degree in a science-related field such as biology, chemistry, or physics.
- Patience when working with students who may have varying levels of understanding and abilities in the subject.
- Undergo a criminal background check, including an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check to ensure the safety of the students.
What the school can offer:
- Career development
- A supportive team to assist you to make the transition smooth.
- A competitive salary.
How to Apply: If you’re interested in joining our team in Lewisham, starting in January 2024, we encourage you to not delay and apply immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.