Science Teacher - Wiltshire
Protocol Education are working with a Wiltshire Secondary school to appoint a Science Teacher. The successful teacher will be inspiring, enthusiastic, and dedicated and will join a talented and collaborative teaching team. This role is to teach across Key Stage 3 & 4 classes. You need to be someone who shares the vision and belief that all children can exceed expectations, without limits.
The role would suit either an experienced candidate or an Early Careers Teacher looking to work in a supportive school with an excellent track record for successful initial teacher training; The school offer excellent CPD opportunities to staff at all levels.
The prides itself on being an ‘academy of opportunity’ for all with excellent relationships between staff and students. Staff believe that every young person, whatever their background has the potential to succeed and achieve ‘greatness’. To ensure that each student discovers their unique strengths and talents. A rich, diverse and challenging curriculum which includes academic, creative, technological and sporting opportunities and gives students of all abilities significant choice to meet their varied needs is on offer.
The aim of the science curriculum is to promote a love of learning through developing inquiring minds that show curiosity about science and the natural world. Staff aspire for students to acquire knowledge and to question models to secure and challenge their conceptual understanding. The school want their students to develop scientific skills of inquiry: to explore through experimental design and evaluate scientific evidence to draw conclusions.
What the schools offers:
- A safe and enriching learning environment
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A space where your ideas and spirations will be listened to
- An exciting curriculum, crammed with opportunities and possibilities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Termly and annual staff recognition and awards scheme
- Coaching/ counselling services, with free access to a mental wellbeing app
- Free on-site parking
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to assisting pupils in the development of key Science prinicples.
- Aim to make pupils active, confident, and critical readers, as well as technically accurate writers who can use language in an adaptable and creative way
- Be passionate about creating a positive, stimulating and safe learning environment for students
- Be an outstanding teacher, with high expectations of self and all students
- Endeavour to be on task and work hard
- Be solution focused and resilient; someone who can adapt their approach and work well as part of united team
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
We pride ourselves on employing a wide range of educators from a variety of experienced backgrounds and settings as well as aspiring educators and teachers with diverse experiences and transferable skills who are passionate and caring individuals to educate children and young people within our schools.
If you feel you would be great for this role, apply today!
cience curriculum is to promote a love of learning through developing inquiring minds that show curiosity about science and the natural world. We aspire for our students to acquire knowledge and to question models to secure and challenge their conceptual understanding. We want our students to develop scientific skills of inquiry: to explore through experimental design and evaluate scientific evidence to draw conclusions.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.