School Support Worker
Newcastle upon Tyne & North Tyneside
Key stage 3 & 4
Are you wanting to begin your carer in education? Why not come work for Protocol Education!
We are one of the Uk’s leading educational recruitment agencies and have fantastic relationships with schools across Newcastle and North Tyneside.
A school support worker role is classroom based and requires you to support students who have special educational needs or complex learning difficulties.
Successful candidates will have good knowledge of SEND and SEMH conditions. This knowledge can be obtained through personal or professional experience, alternatively we recruit graduates who have completed a degree within a relevant field.
- Support Key stage 3 & 4 students
- Provide guidance and advise.
- Support the academic development of students.
- Aid the teacher with classroom activities and behaviour management.
- Interacting with students, teachers and parents.
- Has or is willing to obtain an enhanced DBS.
- Has personal and professional experience interacting with SEN individuals.
- Positive communication skills.
- Passionate for support the development of students.
- Sensitive and empathic individual.
If you are interested in this role please apply now with your up to date CV.
If you wish to gain some more information on the role please contact Melisa on 0191 279 7270 or email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.