Protocol Education are recruiting Residential Support Workers for schools in Burton and across Derbyshire.
If you have a background in social care this would be a great new oppurtunity, but as long as you are willing to learn and passionate about providing exceptional levels of care then this role is for you!
The role works in shifts and does include working some weekends. The shifts are 3 on 3 off with 14.5 hour days working 7:30am - 10:00pm.
- Providing support to young people
- Helping young people achieve their personal goals
- Getting to know the young person you are supporting very well - taking them on trips, playing games, teaching them to live independently
- Dealing with challenging behaviours but having exceptional training and an exceptional team
Essential criteria for the role:
- Having a reliable, calm, and caring personality
- Be willing to complete mandatory training
- Passionate about providing exceptional levels of care
- Have the right to work in UK
Desirable criteria for the role
- Relevant level 3 qualification
- Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- Experience with people with complex needs
- DBS Enhanced Certificate on Update service
The role is working with young people who have a range and complexities of needs including:
- Moderate to severe learning difficulties
- Speech and language communication difficulties
- Challenging behaviour
Benefits of the role:
- £1500 skilled worker bonus
- Refer a friend bonus
- Paid training
- Free meals and drinks while on shift
If you believe you are the right fit for the role or want to learn more please apply now or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.