Position: Religious Education Teacher
Working Hours: 8:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday
Contract: Full-time, end of Nov 23 to Christmas 24
Salary: £140- £160 a day
Protocol Education are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring teacher of religious education to cover maternity leave. You will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our excellent students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level.
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students.
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff.
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers, and other external agencies where necessary.
- Have good written and spoken communication skills.
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies.
What the school offers its staff
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training, and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non-term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated RE Teacher with a passion for education and a desire to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your CV and any relevant teaching certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.