Are you passionate about promoting religious literature? If so, Protocol education is seeking a dynamic, passionate Religious Education Teacher for a prestigious secondary school based in Lambeth. This school is a co-educational institution with great transport links. Nearest station being Lambeth North on the Bakerloo line. As a Religious Education teacher, you will play a crucial role in facilitating discussions, assessing student understanding and delivering engaging lessons.
Roles and responsibilities of a Religious Education Teacher:
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel comfortable expressing their ideas, discussing religious topics, and exploring their own beliefs.
- Develop and implement comprehensive lesson plans that align with the curriculum.
- Collaborate with colleagues, parents, and the wider community to organize educational events, field trips and more.
- Use a variety of teaching methods, resources, and interactive activities to promote group discussions and enhance class engagement.
- Assess student knowledge and progress through assignments, projects, presentations, and examination.
- Must have QTS status or equivalent qualification.
- In-depth knowledge of world religions and ethical teachings
- Strong organisation skills to develop lesson plans and manage resources.
- Great interpersonal skills to engage student meaningful class discussions.
If you are interested in being considered for this role as a Religious Education Teacher, please apply immediately. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the schools Co-ordinator. You may then be asked to participate in a trial lesson with the school, followed by an interview.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.