Job type: Reception Early Years teacher
Salary: £153.00 - £234.00 per day
Are you looking for a role where you can progress your career further?
Does your current workplace allow you to move throughout the hierarchy of the business?
Are you a keen Reception Teacher with a passion for Early Years and a caring personality to match?
An exciting position has opened up for a Reception Teacher to join an inclusive primary school in an ideal location in Brent.
This vacancy is designed for a mature and bright Reception Teacher who has previous experience working with SEN pupils. The perfect candidate will be able to radiate their enthusiasm. The Headteacher wants to recruit a Reception Teacher with the skills to keep bad behaviour to a minimum through their level-headed approach to discipline.
This school is a progressive primary found in Brent. The school is extremely proud of the 'Good' rating it received from Ofsted and hopes to build even further on this in time for the next visit. The school is very excited about the new Reception Teacher position and welcomes applications from those who feel they can bring something positive to their environment.
- Planning and teaching for pupils with the support of an experienced teaching assistant
- Assessing following the school marking policy
- Pastoral and safeguarding of the pupils
- Teaching all curriculum areas - PE covered during PPA
- Planning and delivering learning outside the classroom experiences
- Set high expectations so that all children are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential and, in doing so, meet their progress and attainment targets
- Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated learning that is aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every child’s intellectual curiosity
- Use assessment and data and to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to children, staff and families in order to ensure progress and outcomes
- Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment enabling students to focus on learning
- Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
- Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
- Work with colleagues, children and families to develop a strong school community
To be considered for the position, you will have to have a QTS and be available for the role to commence in April. As a Reception Teacher you will need to be dynamic, experienced, and confident in teaching under the EYFS UK curriculum.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.