Northumberland RE Teacher– ASAP (or April)
A Northumberland e secondary school requires a RE Teacher to work on a full time basis until the end of the academic year. There is a high possibility this role would be made permanent in the academic year 2023-2024. This role is to ideally begin immediately but the school will be willing to wait until April (to secure the right candidate). The school is easily accessible from Blyth, Bedlington and Ashington. It is a short drive from the A19.
The school requires a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of religious education to teach KS3-KS4. The successful RE Teacher must be committed to the progress of all pupils , demonstrate passion for their subject and be committed to their own professional development. .
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
- ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the schools policies, practices and procedures in such a way as to support the schools values and vision
- contribute to PSHE and citizenship and enterprise with the school
We are willing to consider applications from both experienced RE Teachers and ECTs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.