We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Qualified Level 3 Nursery Assistant to join our pool of candidates and be considered for a temporary or contract position at a Nursery in Hatfield.
As a Qualified Level 3 Nursery Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work in various early childhood education centres and nurseries across Hatfield. You will play a crucial role in supporting the daily operations of the nurseries and ensuring the well-being and development of the children in their care. This is a temporary/contract position, and the duration and hours of each assignment may vary depending on the needs of our client organizations.
- Assist in planning and implementing age-appropriate activities, programs, and curriculum to promote children's learning and development.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children in the nursery, adhering to safeguarding and health and safety policies at all times.
- Provide personal care to children, including diapering, feeding, and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Observe and monitor children's behaviour, progress, and development, and communicate findings to the nursery supervisor and parents.
- Build positive relationships with children and their families, maintaining open and effective communication channels.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a nurturing and inclusive environment where children feel valued, respected, and supported.
- Support children's social, emotional, and cognitive development through engaging play activities and interactions.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records, including daily reports, incident reports, and individual development records.
- Hold a minimum of Level 3 qualification in Early Childhood Education or equivalent (e.g., CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education).
- Demonstrated experience working in a nursery or early childhood education setting.
- Sound knowledge of child development principles and play-based learning approaches.
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations and safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with children, parents, and colleagues effectively.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to different working environments and routines.
- Genuine passion for working with young children, promoting their holistic development, and providing them with a nurturing and stimulating environment.
- Availability to work on a temporary/contract basis, with flexibility regarding working hours and locations.
- Competitive pay rates based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to gain experience in various early childhood education settings.
- Professional development and networking opportunities through exposure to different nurseries and early years practitioners.
- Ongoing support from our agency team throughout your assignments.
- The potential for longer-term or permanent positions within client organizations based on performance and availability.
If you are interested please submit your CV below.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.