We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Psychology/Sociology Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our team in supporting students with a range of abilities and needs, including Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). This position offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of these students and contribute to their educational and personal development.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students with SEND in Psychology and Sociology subjects
- Adapt teaching materials and strategies to meet the individual needs of students with ASC, PMLD, and SLD
- Assist in the development and implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) for students
- Collaborate with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to create an inclusive learning environment
- Monitor and track student progress, providing feedback and support as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Psychology, Sociology, or a related field
- Experience or knowledge in working with students with ASC, PMLD, and SLD
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse needs
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
If you are a motivated and compassionate individual with a background in Psychology or Sociology, and you are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of students with SEND, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.