Psychology graduate wanted – Learning support assistant.
Newcastle upon Tyne
£77-85 per day
Protocol Education is recruiting psychology graduates or students who are interested in gaining some experience in schools within the Newcastle upon Tyne area.
Learning support assistants (LSA) are individuals who are situated within the classroom to support SEND children. They are also expected to support students in small groups or one-to-one. LSA need to be prepared to follow a personalised training plan along with aiding children during break time and field trips.
It is preferable that candidates have either professional or personal experience with SEND children or adults, however this is not a requirement.
Candidates will need to:
- Have a good understanding of SEND.
- Be passionate about educational development.
- Be patient and trustworthy.
- Be able to support students with their learning in the classroom or one-to-one.
- Have graduated or is currently studying psychology.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Be able to commit to at least three days a week.
- Have or be prepared to obtain an enhanced DBS.
- Personal or professional experience with SEND children (desirable).
The benefits of Protocol Education:
- Continuous work and income.
- No umbrella companies.
- Assistance from experienced consultants.
- The opportunity to advance your current skill set through our online courses.
- The chance to network and form relationships with schools in the Newcastle area.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply now with your up-to-date CV.
If you have any questions regarding the role please do not hesitate to get in contact, 0191 279 7270.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.