Psychology Graduate - Learning Mentor
A school in Newham are looking for an exceptional Learning Mentor to join their team ASAP. The school is for children between the age of 6-14 and majority of them have autism or complex SEMH needs.
Are you looking to gain more experience within SEN and have an opportunity to work alongside a therapeutic team?
- Supporting students with ASD, ADHD, SEMH, Downs Syndrome and other various Complex Need
- Opportunity for a Psychology Graduate pursuing a career in teaching and/or gaining experience for Clinical/Educational Psychology Courses
- A passion for helping young people to find their self-worth
- An ability to inspire, challenge and motivate young people to discover a love of learning
- Emotional robustness and an empathic therapeutic presence
- Self-awareness, and knowledge of your own trauma triggers and defence mechanisms.
- An accepting, compassionate attitude towards others
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member within a professional multi-disciplinary team
- DBS on the update service.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.