Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant - Tandridge area
Are you a Psychology graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with students with additional needs? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties)?
Are you hoping to go on to become an Educational Psychologist or Speech and Language Therapist?
Then look no further , Protocol Education is working with a range of amazing schools where you can develop and gain experience.
My client requires a teaching assistant to work with children who have special needs within a "Good Ofsted" Rated SEND School in Surrey area. This role will give you a good overview into working with special needs. They are specifically looking for psychology graduates who have a keen interest in developing their SEN skills and can also help out with interventions.
• A patient and understanding approach
• An interest in working with students with SEND
• Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR, THROUGH US
• Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
• Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
• Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
• Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
• Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
Protocol Education is one of the leading education recruitment specialists in London. We work with thousands of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools in South Central London alone so can help you find your perfect job.
Benefits of working with us
• Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
• Competitive rates of pay
• Professional support from our expert team of consultants
• Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles do not hesitate to apply for it.
Upon a successful application, someone will be in contact with you within 48 hours- Monday to Friday. We look forward to hearing from you. GOOD LUCK!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.