Protocol Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistants on a fixed term contract working in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 to join our successful team.
The successful applicants will be supporting children in small groups and on a one to one basis.
We welcome applications from experienced Teaching Assistants and those new to the role. This position is also an ideal opportunity for someone looking to gain experience working in a primary school environment in preparation for teacher training.
You will be required to work Monday until Friday, each week. The working hours are 8:30-16:00.
This position is to start as soon as possible, until July 2023, with the possibility of contract extending.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Consistent money paid into your account every week
- Ongoing support throughout your placement and beyond
- Borough specific consultants who are an expert in your area to find you local work
- Opportunities for professional development
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning up to £250 per person
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment
- Recording and reporting a pupil’s progress to the Teacher
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours
- Supervising group activities, sport events and school outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
- Ability to communicate clearly with Teachers and younger individuals
- Ability to create an encouraging learning environment for pupils
- Active listening skills
- Understanding and sensitivity towards children
- Excellent knowledge of lessons that pupils are required to learn in class
- Ability to carry out tasks involving a computer or hand-device
- Ability to remain calm, during stressful situations
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.