Primary Teaching Assistant
Salary: £77 - £85
Protocol Education are looking for several Teaching Assistant’s looking for on-going work in Boston and nearby areas. We are recruiting Teaching Assistants to work in all Key Stages from EYFS – KS2 to begin ASAP. We are looking for candidates who have previous experience.
The role begins on a temporary basis with the potential to go permanent. Pay is dependant on experience and role requirements.
- Assist the primary teacher in delivering engaging and effective lessons
- Support individual students or small groups in their learning activities
- Supervise students during class and break times
- Provide feedback and encouragement to students to enhance their progress
- Assist with classroom management and behaviour management strategies
- Prepare teaching materials and resources as directed by the teacher
- Support students with special educational needs or disabilities
- Minimum of GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with primary-aged students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patience and empathy in working with children
- Ability to follow instructions and work collaboratively in a team
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Prior experience working with primary-aged students
- Experience in a classroom or educational setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of primary school curriculum and teaching methods
- Familiarity with classroom management techniques
- Basic IT skills for using educational software and tools
- Ability to adapt and differentiate instruction to meet diverse learning needs
- Knowledge of special educational needs and strategies to support students
- Higher level qualifications in Education or relevant field
- Additional certifications or training related to teaching or educational support
- Work in a primary school setting
- Full-time hours, following the school timetable
- Collaborative work with teachers, students, and other educational professionals
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on students' educational journey
What Protocol Education Can Offer:
- 50 online CPD courses that you can complete at any time!
- No umbrella companies!
- A dedicated consultant here to help find you the best roles for you.
- £50 refer-a-friend scheme.
If you are interested, please apply with an up-to-date CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.