Primary Teaching Assistant
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Primary Teaching Assistant to join our team in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, within the vibrant region of Yorkshire and the Humber. This is a full-time contract position within the Education and Training industry.
- Supporting the class teacher in delivering engaging lessons and educational activities
- Assisting with the preparation of classroom materials and resources
- Providing one-on-one support to students with their learning and development
- Supervising and ensuring the safety of students during class and break times
- Helping to maintain a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Assisting with the assessment and tracking of student progress
- Collaborating with other staff members to plan and deliver effective lessons
- Supporting students with special educational needs or additional learning requirements
- Encouraging student participation and engagement in classroom activities
- Assisting with behaviour management and promoting positive student behaviour
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a primary school setting
- A strong passion for education and working with children
- Good understanding of the national curriculum and teaching methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Basic IT skills
- Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
- First Aid certification
The Primary Teaching Assistant will work full-time hours on a contract basis. The role may involve working directly with children, both in classroom and outdoor settings. The working environment will be a primary school, which may include some noise and potential exposure to various childhood illnesses. The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to the school's policies and procedures, as well as maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Salary for this position is £77 - £85 per day.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.