Protocol Education are currently working exclusively with a main-stream Primary School in Newham who are looking for TA's from September 2023.
These roles would be suitable for recent graduates who are looking to gain some classroom experience before training to be a teacher in future.
As part of your role you will be working closely with children with SEN, predominantly ASD, ADHD, Global Delay and MLD.
Any prior experience in these areas would be highly beneficial.
No two days are the same working in a Primary school, the successful candidate can expect a varied and exicting role in which they will be well supported by their peers and the SLT.
These roles are full-time, during term time and you will be paid weekly.
For the strongest candidates, these roles can often lead to permanent employment with the school.
All candidates will need to be able to travel to Newham.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care.
- Have the ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team
- Be required to work closely with Class Teachers and staff, Parents, Special Needs Leader and Outside Agencies
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skill.
If you have the right attitude and experience, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.