Job Title: Complex PMLD SEN School Support Staff
Salary: £77 per day
Job Type: Full-time
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with complex Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD)? Do you have a genuine desire to provide exceptional support and care to children in an educational setting? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our well-established and highly regarded Complex PMLD SEN School is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic Support Staff to join our team. This is a rewarding role that requires patience, compassion, and a commitment to enhancing the lives of children with PMLD.
- Provide one-to-one support to students with complex PMLD in a classroom or individualized setting.
- Assist with personal care tasks, including feeding, toileting, and mobility support.
- Support the students in their educational and recreational activities.
- Implement individualized education and care plans, under the guidance of the teaching staff.
- Foster a safe and inclusive learning environment, promoting the social and emotional development of students.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including teachers, therapists, and medical professionals, to ensure holistic support.
- Previous experience working with children with complex PMLD is highly desirable.
- A caring and empathetic nature, with the ability to build rapport and trust with students.
- Patience, resilience, and adaptability to meet the individual needs of students.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues, parents, and external professionals.
- Basic knowledge of personal care procedures and willingness to provide assistance when required.
- An understanding of safeguarding principles and a commitment to promoting the welfare of children.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: £77 per day.
- Supportive and inclusive working environment.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- Potential for career progression within the organization.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.