Are you passionate about supporting students with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)? We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic SLD & PMLD Support Assistant to join our team at a Hartepool School.
About the School
The school is conveniently located with bus routes for non drivers The school pride themselves on creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for students with SLD and PMLD. This school are looking for individuals that have experience and are not overwhelmed by severe special needs and can support in groups as well as 1:1. Experience is key and you will need to use your own initiative as well as adhering to safeguarding regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
As an SLD & PMLD Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting students with their individual learning needs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing assistance and support to students with SLD and PMLD, both in and out of the classroom.
- Following EHCP’s (Educational Health Care Plans) and supporting students in achieving their learning goals.
- Collaborating with the teaching staff to create and deliver engaging and inclusive lessons.
- Promoting a positive and nurturing environment for students, fostering their personal and social development.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Experience working with children with SLD and PMLD is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for making a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs.
- A child DBS that is on the update service or be willing to purchase one.
Must be able to work 5 days a week full time and be able to travel to Hartlepool.
How to Apply
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling role as an SLD & PMLD Support Assistant in a supportive and inclusive school environment, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, including your resume and a cover letter.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.