Role: PMLD Teacher.
Hours/ Full & Part time
An innovative, enthusiastic, and inspirational PMLD class teacher is required to work with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties and additional multi-sensory needs. The teacher will have responsibility for a class of students and will be expected to provide a holistic and organic education ensuring that the needs of each individual pupil are met in accordance with the aims of the SEND setting. This will involve ongoing and close liaison with parents/carers, colleagues, therapists, and other professionals.
The PMLD Teacher will be expected to:
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities as required
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional
- Curriculum pathways designed around the holistic needs of the pupils in each department
- Clear system for short- and medium-term planning
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Opportunity to train as a qualified teacher of the visually impaired
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.