We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated PMLD/SLD Learning Support to join our team at a north west Special school in Doncaster. This school is mainly focused on providing education for students with complex physical and medical needs who may have severe and profound learning difficulties (SLD/PMLD). The role is initially offered for 12 weeks through Protocol Education, with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
- Providing learning support to students with SLD/PMLD
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of individual education plans
- Supporting students with daily living skills, including personal care and feeding
- Helping to create a safe and stimulating learning environment
- Monitoring and recording student progress
- Working in partnership with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to provide a holistic approach to student learning
- Experience working with students with SLD/PMLD
- An understanding of the complexities of physical and medical needs
- The ability to provide personal care and support with feeding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A creative and flexible approach to learning support
- A positive and caring attitude towards students, colleagues, and families
- A willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to the wider school community
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a special school setting
- Relevant qualifications in learning support or special education
- Knowledge of PECS, Makaton, or other communication systems
- Experience working with assistive technology and specialist equipment
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.