PMLD Learning Support
Are you a teaching assistant looking for your next role? Or do you have any personal experience in care and looking after anyone with SEND? If you have a passion about making a positive impact on the development of young people, apply NOW!
Protocol Education is working with an amazing school based in Lambeth , that caters to students with a wide range of disabilities and special educational needs such as profound and multiple learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders and behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties. If you are ready to take up a challenge , this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate:
- Be able to work efficiently in a team.
- Have a resilient mindset and the ability to face and overcome challenges.
- Have compassion and patience when working with children with SEND.
- Have confidence to be able to take initiative
- Previous experience is preferable in dealing with young people with different SEND.
- Available to start ASAP.
- Have a qualification in Team Teach (ideal but not essential)
- Be able to foster a nurturing environment to ensure effective social, emotional, and educational development.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and SENCO’s to be able to devise and deliver person centred learning and care.
- Monitor and record progress of the students report to the school’s SEN team and to meet targets.
- Be abler to build a strong rapport with the students
If you’re interested and would like to apply for this position or require any further information, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and we will be in touch within 48 hours!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.