Are you a HLTA or Teacher looking for your next role?
Protocol Education are looking for a PHSE tutor to start asap in an alternative provision based between 2 sites, in Basildon and Romford. Teaching PHSE to young people aged 13-16.
Students are referred to the inclusion programme and are often challenging (academically and/or behaviourally), and have been partly or completely removed from mainstream school. You will take an active role in helping to equip students with the skills they will require as they transfer to the world of work.
- Delivering PHSE to small groups of students (normally a maximum of twelve)
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Complete the marking of work and assessment for learning within the PHSE department.
- Developing relationships and offering support to challenging students in order for them to achieve
- Liaising with Key Workers to monitor student progress, behaviour and attendance
- Keeping up-to-date registers on attendance and progress and ensuring that information on student progress is tracked in the database
- Produce individual learning plans and set appropriate targets
- Attend meetings with parents and schools as required
- Be familiar with and following the company code of conduct for student behaviour (and applying disciplinary procedures evenly)
The ideal candidate-
- Ability to form productive relationships with young people who can be among the more challenging
- Good team working skills
- A flexible approach to both delivery and working methods / regimes
- High level of ICT skills (MS Office including word, excel, access and PowerPoint)
- Ability to plan and prepare training sessions
- Ability to deliver projects to time and on target
- Ability to work and prioritise in an organised manner
- High motivation and the ability to take initiatives
- Monday to Thursday 8:30 to 16:30
- Tuesday - 8:30 to 17:00
- Friday - 8:30 to 16:00
- (Contact with students 9.30 to 15.00)
Salary is dependant on experience and qualifications. If this sounds like something you are interested in, please apply now or call Olivia on 01245 697 652.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.