Protocol Education are looking for an inspiring teacher of PE to join a progessive secondary school in the Telford area.
The PE and Dance Department at the school is a very experienced, successful and hardworking department who are adaptable, reliable and work well as a team. The goal in PE is to inspire and support students, promote physical fitness and student enjoyment and well-being within lessons and through extracurricular. They aim for all students to have a positive experience of Physical Education, where they can learn and develop their skills; including literacy, numeracy and oracy, competency, confidence and interpersonal skills in a range of sports.
The excellent sports facilities, allows the school to have a dynamic and creative curriculum which can be accessed and challenged by all.
Students have 2, 1 hours PE lessons a week in Key stage 3 (Year 7 and 8), where our Curriculum aims to explore and expand on students’ prior learning from KS2, by building upon fundamental skills, introducing new sports and implementing the importance of a healthy body and mind.
The school offer a broad range of Extra Curricular clubs after school including netball, football, dance, rugby, rounders, cricket and athletics. For those more competitive students, they compete against other schools in League, Country and National Cups throughout the year. We are a school where sport plays a vital role in student’s future development and we try and promote and inspire student to this ethos throughout their time at the school.
You will be both ambitious and committed to teaching PE and strive to bring out the best in our students and promote success in the department.
What the school can offer you:
• A school where staff share best practice so that the standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from a programme of training and development
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
The successful candidate will be:
• Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
What Protocol Education can offer you.
• We offer a fantastic daily rate and parity pay after 13 weeks.
• We do not use umbrella companies, we use are own payroll team so no hidden costs.
• We are a widely recognised, award-winning education recruitment company
• You will have your own dedicated consultant that give you any help or advice needed
If this role sounds of interest to you please apply now
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.