Position: Nursery Assistant
Contract Type: Full & Part-time
Working Hours: Various
Facilitating Growth & Learning: As a Nursery Assistant, you will actively participate in planning and implementing age-appropriate activities, programmes, and curriculum, fostering a stimulating environment to promote children’s learning and development.
Safety & Well-being: Ensuring the safety and well-being of all children is paramount. You will adhere to safeguarding and health and safety policies, provide personal care, and maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards.
Monitoring and Communication: You will observe and monitor children’s behaviour, progress, and development, and communicate findings to the nursery supervisor and parents.
Building Positive Relationships: Nurturing positive relationships is at the heart of this role. You will build strong connections with children and their families, maintain open and effective communication that promotes trust and collaboration.
Supporting Development: Through engaging play activities and meaningful interactions you will play an active role in supporting children’s social, emotional, and cognitive development, laying the foundation for their future successes.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience working with children or clear desire to do so.
- Confidence, enthusiastic and adaptable attitude.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification would be desirable as you may be involved in the preparation of snacks for children.
- Ideally a Level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare.
- The ability to adapt their teaching methods to be able to suit the needs of child.
What we offer:
- A competitive pay rate.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (no hidden umbrella costs).
- A team and professional and experienced consultants to guide you.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Access to over 50 online courses – available to Diploma and Certificate level.
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being a preferred supplier to schools.
- We’ve assistant over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role – please apply now. Or if you wish to discuss this role, please contact Jordan on 01273 253196 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.