Protocol Education has been selected as an approved NTP Tuition Partner for the third consecutive year to continue providing high-quality one-to-one and small-group tuition. The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) makes high-quality tutoring available to state-maintained schools to help disadvantaged pupils whose education has been affected by school closures.
We are looking for bright, versatile, and committed people to work as paid Primary Tutors in Bristol schools.
To be an NTP Tutor you will need to be one of the following:
- Qualified Teacher with QTS or equivalent; ideally English, Maths or Science specialism
- Graduate with a degree in English, Maths or Science
- Teaching and Learning Support Worker with relevant qualifications or at least 6 months experience
Successful candidates will:
- Have recent knowledge and a clear understanding of the UK Curriculum
- Have great subject knowledge and the ability to plan and communicate it effectively in 1:1 or small group settings.
- Be flexible and committed to delivering engaging, challenging, and developmental sessions over the course of a 15-hour block
Roles & responsibilities for tutors includes:
- Planning and delivering tailored programmes which complement ongoing class work, learning objectives and assessment plans along with the class teacher
- Delivering tuition face-to-face or online (or both) and adapt the content, style, format of the tuition to ensure the most effective results are achieved
- Building strong relationships with pupils and school contacts through session delivery, weekly review meetings, tuition progress reports and feedback
Benefits of tutoring with Protocol Education:
- Paid £25-£35 per hour to plan and deliver each tutoring session
- Impact on a child or children’s progress, development, mental wellbeing, and confidence
- Free, CPD Accredited, online induction and Safeguarding training
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, organisation, and planning skills
- Tutoring will help build your confidence through developing your presentation, communication and listening skills
- Personal and professional support from a team of Tuition Experts and a market leading education solutions company
Registering with Protocol Education is FREE and will not restrict you to tutoring should you wish to utilise your skills in a different capacity
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.