Protocol Education has been selected as an approved NTP Tuition Partner to provide high-quality one-to-one and small-group tuition. The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) makes high-quality tutoring available to state-maintained schools to help disadvantaged pupils whose education has been affected by school closures.
I am recruiting for an English turor for schools based in Telford and Shrewsbury.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver specific programmes which complement ongoing class work, learning objectives and assessment plans along with the class teacher
- Deliver tuition face-to-face and be confident in adapting content, style, format of the session to ensure results are achieved
- Build strong relationships with pupils and school contacts through session delivery, weekly review meetings, tuition progress reports and feedback
Successful candidates will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent; ideally with specialism in any core subject
- A degree in English / Maths / Science
- Relevant education, learning, childcare qualifications or at least 6 months experience
- Up to date knowledge and a clear understanding of the UK Curriculum
- Expert core subject knowledge and be able to plan and communicate it effectively
- A commitment to deliver challenging and engaging sessions for an entire programme
- Paid £25.00 to £35.00 per hour to plan and deliver each tutoring session
- Impact on a child or children’s progress, development, mental wellbeing and confidence
- Free, CPD Accredited, online induction and Safeguarding training
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, organisation, and planning skills
- Tutoring will help build your confidence through developing your presentation, communication and listening skills
- Personal and professional support from a team of Tuition Experts and a market leading education solutions company
Protocol Education is committed to Safeguarding and Quality and undertake checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Legal Right to work in the UK
- Proof of Identity
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- References and employment history
- Qualifications & Qualified Teacher Status (where applicable)
Registering with Protocol Education is FREE and will not restrict you to tutoring should you wish to utilise your skills in a different capacity.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.