Protocol Education have been selected as an approved NTP Tuition Partner to Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools across Sussex.
As a result, we are now looking for Tutors that can support Schools in this area, across the primary and secondary curriculum.
This can be done in-school, on-line or as a mixture of both. Subjects taught will be either English, Maths or Science. The school’s aim is to teach an engaging curriculum that is locally based, and child led focussing on improving enjoyment and achievement whilst delivering continuous high quality teaching in order to close gaps in Reading, Writing and Maths particularly for their disadvantaged pupils.
What is the NTP?
- The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) aims to support schools in providing a sustained response to the coronavirus pandemic and to provide a longer-term contribution to closing the attainment gap.
- The programme will make high-quality tutoring available to schools to help disadvantaged pupils whose education has been affected by school closures.
- Tuition will be provided in 15-hour blocks
- This could take the form of 1 hour/week for 15 weeks, 2 hours/week across 7/8 weeks or 5 hours/week across 3 weeks.
What's in it for you?
- This is an excellent way to gain experience in a new school, potentially gain new skills and to supplement your existing income.
To be considered for the position of an NTP Tutor, you will be required to:
- Be a Qualified Teacher in the subject/phase, an experienced Teaching Assistant or hold a degree level qualification in a relevant subject
- Have a minimum of six months tutoring or teaching / intervention /SEND experience with excellent references
- Passed safeguarding qualification in the last 12 months
- Completed an induction, be familiar with LEAP and Eds place Benchmarking
- Be committed, pre tutoring meeting, planning, reporting, in it for the duration in addition, you will need to complete the 3 mandatory in depth modules of our BPN designed Tuition Toolkit Training programme.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please apply and we will be in touch. If you are interested in this role please click apply now or email email@example.com or call 01273 253196
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.