Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Secondary NTP Tutor in Newcastle upon Tyne who can confidently support with Maths to prepare KS4 students for their exams. This is a Full-time role beginning immediately until May half-term.
You must be available to work Monday-Friday (term-time). You must have a QTS and Enhanced DBS.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher with QTS or equivalent; or a Teaching Assistant who has previous experience of Tutoring
- Previous experience of planning lessons
- A strong grasp of the UK curriculum
- The ability to work in 1:1 and small group settings
- Great communication and behaviour management skills
- Be reliable and committed to delivering engaging lessons
Roles & responsibilities for tutors includes:
- Planning and delivering tailored programmes which complement ongoing class work, learning objectives and assessment plans along with the class teacher
- Delivering tuition face-to-face or online (or both) and adapt the content, style, format of the tuition to ensure the most effective results are achieved
- Building strong relationships with pupils and school contacts through session delivery, weekly review meetings, tuition progress reports and feedback
To be considered for the position of an NTP Tutor, you will:
- Be a Qualified Teacher, hold a degree level qualification in a relevant subject, or have experience working in a similar environment
- Have a minimum of six months tutoring or teaching / intervention /SEND experience with excellent references
- Be committed to planning, delivering and reporting on high-quality, impactful tuition that engages your students
- Be required to complete our mandatory CPD certified Tuition Toolkit training programme
What's in it for you?
- Excellent rates of pay between £25 - £35 per hour via PAYE
- Flexible hours to work as and when you want to supplement studies or general work/life balance
- Excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and learn new skills
- Having an impact on the learning, progress and development of the students with which you are working
If you're interested in this opportunity, apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.