Music Teacher Vacancy
Location: East London, Newham Position: Full-Time Music Teacher Application Deadline: 15th DEC 2023
About Us: The School is a thriving educational institution based in East London, Newham, committed to fostering a passion for music and providing students with a well-rounded education. We believe in the power of music to inspire, educate, and transform lives, and we are dedicated to nurturing the next generation of musicians and music enthusiasts.
Position Overview: We are seeking a passionate and qualified Full-Time Music Teacher with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and/or PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) to join our team. The main purpose of this post is to effectively lead and manage the department to ensure that all students and staff reach their full potential and to ensure that Music is an outstanding area of achievement, both within the school and against national benchmarks. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in our school's music program, contributing to the growth and development of our students' musical talents. As a Music Teacher at the School, you will have the opportunity to inspire, instruct, and guide students in various aspects of music, from theory and history to practical performance.
- Develop and implement engaging music curriculum
- Instruct students in music theory, history, and performance
- Facilitate choir, band, or orchestra rehearsals and performances
- Foster a creative and inclusive learning environment
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback
- Organize and participate in school-wide musical events and activities
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the overall educational experience
- Bachelor's degree in Music Education or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Valid teaching certification (QTS)
- Proficiency in playing and teaching multiple musical instruments
- Strong knowledge of music theory and history
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous teaching experience in a music education setting
- Passion for music and dedication to inspiring students
How to Apply: Interested QTS & PCGE candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a resume, cover letter, and references, to email@example.com by 15th of Decemeber 2023. Please specify "Music Teacher Application" in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Join Our Team: If you are a music enthusiast with the required qualifications and a desire to make a meaningful impact on young musicians' lives while effectively leading and managing the department to ensure outstanding achievement in Music, both within the school and against national benchmarks, we encourage you to apply and become part of the Protocol Education community.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.