We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties) Teaching Assistant to join our team at our special school in Hounslow. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be working with students with moderate learning difficulties, helping to create a safe and supportive learning environment where students can thrive.
- Work closely with the classroom teacher to plan and deliver lessons that meet the needs of students with MLD
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students with MLD
- Help to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment
- Assist with classroom management and behaviour support
- Help to assess and monitor student progress
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities
- Experience working with students with moderate learning difficulties
- Knowledge of strategies for supporting students with MLD
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification is desirable
If you are passionate about helping students with MLD to reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team. Please submit your CV and cover letter to apply.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.