Mental health behaviour Support Assistant
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
CONTRACT TERMS: Long-term
JOB START: ASAP
Protocol Education is seeking a Behaviour Support Assistant to work in an SEN School in Wolverhampton. The school caters to students with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
About the role
- As a Mental Health behaviour support assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the educational, social, and emotional development of students.
- Working alongside a class teacher and a team of experienced support staff.
- Building a quick rapport with the students to help them with confident and meet their educational potential
- The role is full-time with the possibility to be ongoing for the right candidate.
About the school
- The school caters to students with a range of special educational needs, such as social, emotional, and mental health, Autism, and ADHD.
- Following the embedded ethos to ensure students can succussed.
- The school is focused on creating a stimulating environment for each student.
- Easily accessible from Walsall, Dudley, and Bilston
To be considered for the role of Behaviour Support Assistant you will:
- Have previous experience working with children and young people with a range of special educational needs, such as learning difficulties, autism and looked after children.
- Suitable qualifications such as Youth Work, Health and Social Care or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools are desired but not essential.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications.
Protocol Education can offer; Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities CPD during half term or summer, plus free Webinars Candidate social events NQT/ECT Support Network £250 refer a Teacher/TA bonus CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please apply through this advert or through our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.