Mental health & SEND support
Newcastle and north Tyneside
Secondary school role
£77-80 per day - fulle time
Protocol Education is recruiting individuals who are keen advocators for positive mental health to be based within schools across Newcastle and north Tyneside. We work in partnership with schools in Gosforth, Jesmond, Wallsend and Whitley Bay.
Candidates should be patient, friendly and approachable individuals with a passionate for helping people with social emotional mental health needs and special education need and disabilities. These role will begin as short term but due to the high demand for learning support in schools and the importance of consistency for SEND and SEMH children, they have the potential to become a long-term position.
It is desirable that canddiates have personal or professional expereince interacting with SEMH or SEND individuals. It is also desirable that candidates have studied a degree which covered modules surrounding mental health and special educational needs e.g. psychology, counciling, clinical background, health and social care.
- Support SEND and SEMH students.
- Interact with students, teachers and parents.
- Manage behaviour and be a positive role model for students.
- Aid personal and educational student development.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have or would be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS.
- Have good verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Be passionate advocators for mental health.
- have a good understanding of SEND and SEMH.
- Continuous work and income.
- Support from the experienced consultants at Protocol Education.
- The opportunity to advance your skill set through our online course
- The chance to network and form relationships with schools in Newcastle and north Tyneside.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply now.
If you require more information regarding the role please contact Melissa on 0191 279 7270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.