Mental Health and Autism Specialist Teaching Assistant
We are currently looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a Secondary School in central North Somerset. The school have a number of students with Autism and SEMH and so will require 1:1 support to assist with settling them into the school, support with their learning, as well as socially and emotionally.
The school is modern with excellent facilities, as well as a large car park and has a bus stop directly outside the school for those reliant on public transport. This role is full time to start asap, the school welcome part-time applicants for a job share.
If you have experience working with people with Autism, whether it be within an educational or care setting, we encourage you to apply today.
Start date: ASAP (September)
Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
The successful applicant will:
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Have strong abilities to develop strong and trusting relationships
- Be a team player and able to work closely with other staff members and third parties
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skills
- Have a proven track record of working with young people or vulnerable adults, either on a paid or voluntary basis
- Have basic IT skills/ understanding
- Regular staff recognition awards
- Induction and training
- Staff teams with a real ‘family’ feel
- Easy access to public transport links and car parking
- A beautiful premisis and building that you will want to work in each day
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £50 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.