Job Description: We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Media Teacher to join our dynamic faculty in a school in Newham. As a Media Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the creative minds of our students and fostering their passion for media studies. This position is open to both experienced educators and fresh graduates who possess the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in teaching media-related subjects.
- Develop and deliver engaging media-related lessons and curriculum, ensuring alignment with educational standards and learning objectives.
- Teach various media subjects, including but not limited to media production, film studies, journalism, digital media, and media literacy.
- Employ innovative teaching methodologies and incorporate modern technologies to enhance the learning experience.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive classroom environment that encourages students to actively participate and express their creativity.
- Assess student progress, provide constructive feedback, and develop strategies to support their individual learning needs.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and trends in media studies, including technological advancements and industry practices.
- Supervise and support students in media-related projects, such as film production, media campaigns, or digital content creation.
- Organize and facilitate media-related extracurricular activities, such as film clubs, media festivals, or journalism workshops.
- Collaborate with colleagues to promote interdisciplinary projects and initiatives within the school community.
- Establish effective communication channels with parents/guardians to provide updates on student progress and address any concerns.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Media Studies, Communication, Journalism, Film Production, or a related field.
- Prior teaching experience in media studies is preferred, but fresh graduates with a strong passion for media education are also encouraged to apply.
- In-depth knowledge of media theories, production techniques, industry standards, and media literacy concepts.
- Familiarity with multimedia software and equipment, such as video editing software, cameras, audio recording tools, and graphic design applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with students, parents, and colleagues effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Creativity and the ability to inspire and motivate students to explore their artistic potential.
- Adaptable and open to incorporating new teaching strategies and technologies in the classroom.
- Commitment to fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to submit their most recent resume/CV highlighting relevant qualifications and experience.
Please send your application to the following link and apply above, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.
Additionally, if you are interested in other roles in Secondary schools in and around Newham, Tower Hamlets, Barking & Dagenham; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd June 2023.
Note: The school is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.