Maths Cover Supervisor
Protocol Education are recruiting for a confident, proactive, and experienced Maths Cover Supervisor for a Secondary School in Telford. As a Cover Supervisor, you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. The main focus will be to keep students on task, maintain good behaviour and support students who need help. A qualification in maths teaching is preferred as you must feel confident leading maths lessons following pre-prepared plans. Both full/part-time and long/short-term roles are available.
- Using your specialist skill to support student’s learning in their teacher’s absence.
- To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment.
- To work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating, and adjusting work plans as appropriate.
- To monitor, evaluate and provide effective feedback to students to aid their progress and achieve their targets.
- To implement consistently the school’s behaviour system.
- To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
- Engage all students in activities.
- A subject specific qualification is preferred.
- Local to the Telford area as this role will take place in person.
- Driver (preferred).
- Experience supporting students in the classroom.
- Excellent behaviour management skills.
- Hold a child only DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
- Hold an updated Safeguarding certificate (we offer a FREE online Safeguarding course upon registration).
- Provide at least two references covering the last two years of employment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.