Learning Support Assistant
Secondary Schools across East sussex are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join their teams on either a full or part-time basis. They are seeking individuals who are empathetic, driven and most importantly passionate about working with young people.
Here at Protocol we have got an exciting new opportunity with a big academy trust! This academy has 5 schools under its belt, all with in the East Sussex area! We need SEN TA/ Teachers/ Support staff EVERYTHING!
The role will entail working on a 1:1 or small group basis with children aged 11-16 to support them with the aim of improved engagement with their learning. You may support children with Special Educational Needs/ Disabilities (SEND) or Social Emotional Mental Health needs (SEMH).
Whilst experience of working in an education setting may be beneficial, it is not essential. Prior candidates who were successful had backgrounds in: Youth Work, Care/ Hospital experience, Art/ Creative backgrounds, Psychology/ Sociology Graduates. This list is not exhaustive, so please get in touch if you are keen to kickstart your career in education. You do not need to hold any formal teaching/ learning support qualifications, but you must feel comfortable supporting students with their learning.
Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm - Mon to Friday (part time options available)
The successful applicant will:
- Have strong communication skills
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Have a collaborative approach and be able to work closely with other staff and families
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional and personal development
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication and learning skills
- Have drive and determination
- Be adaptable, proactive and positive
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £50refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.