Start date: ASAP
Protocol Education are seeking to Learning Support Practitioner to join a secondary school in East London (Leytonstone, Waltham Forest).
This includes providing 1:1 support to pupils and working with small groups both within and outside of lessons.
You will support the SENDCO in ensuring that quality provision is provided for the SEND students with a range of needs.
As a Learning Support Practitioner, you will be carrying out administrative tasks that will include coordinating and developing resources.
No experience is required for this role, it is essential that you are highly motivated, enthusiastic and have a passion for working with young people.
This secondary school has received an Outstanding Ofsted report numerous of times due to there is facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the boarding and flexi-boarding environment, wide range of trips and co-curricular activities and the behaviour of their students.
- Experience supporting our students can sometimes be challenging, mental and physical resilience are qualities necessary for all our staff.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Knowledge and experience of behaviour management.
- Ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
In return the school can offer you:
- Supportive parents, carers and community
- A committed and fully involved governing body
- Well-resourced learning environment
- Opportunities for professional development
- Good links to public transport and street parking
If you are interested in this role as a Learning Support Practitioner, please apply immediately to be considered for this role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.