Job Title: Learning Support Mentor
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment Type: Full-time
About Us: Protocol Education is a leading educational institution committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment for neurodivergent children. We believe in providing personalized and tailored support to help every child reach their full potential.
Position Overview: We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Learning Support Mentor to join our team in Cambridge. As a Learning Support Mentor, you will play a crucial role in supporting neurodivergent children, ensuring they receive the necessary assistance and guidance to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Provide one-on-one support to neurodivergent students, tailoring assistance to their individual needs.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to develop personalized learning plans.
- Implement strategies and interventions to enhance students' academic and social development.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages neurodivergent students to engage and participate actively.
- Assist with classroom activities, ensuring neurodivergent students are integrated and supported during lessons.
- Monitor and assess the progress of neurodivergent students, adjusting support strategies as needed.
- Offer emotional support and guidance to help students develop self-esteem and confidence.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and communicate regularly with parents and school staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience working with neurodivergent children, including but not limited to ADHD, autism, dyslexia, and other learning differences.
- Knowledge of various learning support strategies and interventions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting neurodivergent students.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Opportunities for career growth within the organization.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.