Learning Support Assistant - Year 1 - Camden
A Primary School based in Camden are searching for a Learning Support Assistant to support a young child with ASD, in their year 1 classroom. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working in Key Stage 1, as well as experience working with SEN children. The school is easily accessible via public transport and is located in the centre of Camden.This role is full-time, starting in September 2023.
Qualities, Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with individual students and groups, under the direction of the class teacher, introducing tasks, monitoring student’s work, and using a range of strategies to support their learning.
- Assist students to access the curriculum, and at the same time promoting independent learning.
- Observe student performance and using the systems in place in the school/class, provide the teacher with feedback on learners' progress and help to maintain individual and group records.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups, liaising with and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues
- Help prepare and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment for learning.
- Aid students and work 1:1 with children who have special educational needs
- Passionate about using creative teaching spaces
- Brilliant support from staff and external agencies
- A multi-cultural environment, providing high quality and inclusive lessons
What Protocol can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing support from our approachable and friendly team
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD)
- £250 refer a friend scheme
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance. 'Keeping children safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online Safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS update service.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or get in touch with us.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.