Learning Support Assistant (SEND)
Protocol is looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly school. The successful applicant will have an aptitude for, and commitment to safeguarding children.
To encourage children and young people to engage with education and overcome potential barriers to learning. Additionally, inspire learners to make positive life choices and to provide pupils with a therapeutic education which enables them to make the most of their life chances.
The successful candidates will:
- Support the school values and ethos
- Be able to understand school policies, practices, and procedures
- Have a general understanding of child development and learning
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children
- Be able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff and demonstrate good teamwork.
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Provide 1:1 support for children with SEND
- Have high aspirations for all children to achieve their academic potential
We can offer:
- An inclusive and caring ethos
- Regular professional development
- A happy and hardworking staff team
- Lots of exciting and creative learning opportunities
- London living wage
- Temp to Perm Opportunities
- Training and career development programmes at discounted prices
If you have any experience working with children or young adults with special education needs, and are interested in making a positive contribution to the lives of young people, please send your CV to crystal.duesbury@Protocol-Education.com
We are committed to the safety of our pupils through our recruitment and school practices; all jobs are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.