Protocol Education are delighted to be partnering with a small SEMH school in the Slough area, renowned for creating a nurturing and inclusive environment where children can thrive, overcoming any challenges they may encounter. The school requires support for its students and is seeking an exceptional staff member with experience and qualifications in assisting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
We are We are looking for a dedicated Full Time Learning Support Assistant to provide support to a diverse range of students with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs. In this role you will collaborate with an amazing team, assisting students in their lessons and activities.
You will be working either within the classroom supporting the teacher, in small groups or, a one-on-one basis with primary school children. Your essential duty will be to offer personalised support to address their unique challenges, whether related to behaviour, focus, academic work, or coping with social life.
As a versatile SEMH Teaching Assistant you will encounter varying needs such as autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Speech & Language difficulties and more. Your dedication to fostering resilience and emotional growth among these young learners will make an immeasurable impact of their educational journey and overall wellbeing.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience working with children who have additional needs, or a clear desire to work with additional needs.
- The ability to follow EHCPs (Education, Health, and Care Plans) or other educational plans designed to carer to individual learning needs.
- A genuine passion for making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs.
- The ability to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, foster the growth and development of every child.
- Patience, empathy and understanding to support students’ diverse learning requirements.
- A proactive and flexible approach, capable of adapting to various situation and challenges that may arise.
What the successful candidate will need:
- 1 Right To Work Document
- 2 Proof of Addresses
- DBS on the Update Service (or will to purchase)
- A good attitude towards challenging behaviors
What we offer:
- A competitive pay rate.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (no hidden umbrella costs).
- A team and professional and experienced consultants to guide you.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Access to over 50 online courses – available to Diploma and Certificate level.
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being a preferred supplier to schools.
- We’ve assistant over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed.
If this is a role that interests you, please submit your CV, or email Abi at email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.