Protocol Education are currently recruiting Graduates to work in Secondary Schools across Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland and South Tyneside as a Learning Support Assistant. You will be supporting children 1:1 or in small groups with Special Educational Needs and Disabilites (SEND). You will ensure that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
We are looking for applicants who are confident communicating with children, can think on their feet and reshape and adjust to situations well. This is a fantastic opportunity for any graduate considering a career in teaching or educational psychology.
The roles are entry level positions and no previous experience is required. Many of our previous graduate teaching assistants have gone onto a successful career in teaching or furthered their studies in educational or forensic psychology and this has given them a key opportunity for paid experience.
- You will be expected to accompany and support children in all their lessons, including English and Maths.
- You will provide pastoral support and work under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy is required, but in-depth subject knowledge in any area is not essential. We are looking for personality and transferable skills.
- University degree
- Be able to work Monday-Friday
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
The school's values:
- Instil in students a sense of community, belonging and compassion for those around them
- Ensure that each student feels a part of our school and is active in the school community
- Offering structure, support and opportunity for each student, irrespective of background or disadvantage
- Support each individual to both achieve and exceed their future goals
Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Ongolng honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
Work will be available on a full time basis (Monday to Friday during term time only). We have roles to begin immediately (pending clearance) until at least July 2023.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.