Are you passionate about working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? We have Learning Support Assistant (LSA) roles beginning immediately (pending clearance) up until at least July 2023. You will be responsible for providing 1:1 or group support to children who have SEND and challenging behaviours at a local secondary school in Newcastle upon Tyne.
You must be available Monday-Friday (Full-time) and live within the Newcastle upon Tyne area UK. You will need an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hold a university degree
- Have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an
- Have the ability to inspire, trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.