Looking for an exciting role to learn and thrive in?
We are currently in a close partnership with a leading SEND college in Westminster who are looking for Learning Support Assistants.
- The role is 8:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday ongoing.
- As we know working with young people can be a very rewarding but, at times, a challenging experience that requires patience, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
- The college has students with mild to severe needs and disabilites, so personal care may be requried- but with full support from fellow staff members.
The role of the SEND Teaching & Support Assistant is to support young people with an identified Special Educational need or disability. You will aid in removing the barriers impacting a young person's ability to access the curriculum, engage in learning and enable them to reach their full potential.
Experience would be beneficial, but candidates who are positive and willing to learn are ideal!
A SEND Teaching & Support Assistant will
• Build and maintain successful relationships with young people.
• Support a named pupil or a group of students in traditional and non-traditional learning environments
• Offer a supportive approach in a role-modelling/mentoring capacity
• Assist learners with their physical, personal care or medical needs promoting independence
• Implement specific educational programmes for young people.
• Deliver activities to small groups of identified young people.
• Record observations on young people's behaviour and progress
• Experience of behaviour that challenges
The Protocol Education SEND Team really excels at looking after individuals that come on board and work with us. We won't treat you like a number or place you into any old work, we are in it for the long haul and want you to progress, reach your full potential and be happy in your work.
Protocol Education adheres to the following from its Support workers and Teachers:
- A DBS certificate with a live subscription to the update service or be willing to get one
- Two professional references within the last three years
- Someone who is committed to the safeguarding of young people
We offer a £250 referral for candidates you refer to us that go on to work through us (T&C's apply) If you are interested in the role above please apply or email your CV to email@example.com
Apply now for the chance to learn new skills, and make a difference in young people's lives!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.