Protocol Education is proud to represent a lovely client school in the Colchester area. We are currently seeking a compassionate Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a child with Special Educational Needs (SEN). This is a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the life of a student for the remainder of the academic year.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing personalized support to a child with SEN. Your responsibilities will include assisting the student in their learning, providing emotional and behavioral support, and helping to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment. We are looking for an individual who is caring, adaptable, and dedicated to making a difference in a child's educational journey.
- Work on a 1:1 basis with the child to provide academic and emotional support.
- Assist the student with their learning tasks and help them access the curriculum.
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment for the student's well-being.
- Collaborate with the school's SEN team and teachers to provide the best support.
- Monitor and document the student's progress and achievements.
- Previous experience working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassion, patience, and a genuine passion for helping children with SEN.
- Ability to adapt and respond to the unique needs of the child.
- A commitment to making a positive impact on the child's education and development.
Why Join Us:
- A chance to work with a lovely client school in the Colchester area.
- A full-time position from January 2024 until the end of the academic year.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, please contact Protocol Education and express your interest by submitting your updated CV.
Join us in making a significant difference in the life of a child with SEN and become part of a supportive and nurturing school community. Your dedication as a Learning Support Assistant will help shape the future of our lovely client school in the Colchester area.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.